Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We made soft drinks

When I was a child in the 60's we'd drive to my aunty's who lived at the Gap. We went in our little blue VW. Mum, Dad, myself and my two brothers. We'd go past Tristram's on the way, before we crossed the William Jolly bridge. I'd wait for the moment, cause I'd know the building would be coming up.

I always had a fascination with its architecture even though I was just a kid. I'd watch the trucks with the old wooden crates and the bottles all stacked up - I loved the fact that it was a Brisbane based company. I loved the pineapple drink. Golden Circle might have made pineapple too but it's the Tristram one I always remember.

It made me feel like Brisbane was really important - WE MADE SOFT DRINKS! It's great that the building is still here.
Anne Parker

1 comment:

Samuel Hershey said...

Queensland is really an amazing place. It's sad that some old buildings were not preserved. First time I had tasted soft drinks was when we celebrated fourth of July with my whole family in Memphis. I was only five then. Now I can no longer drink too much fizzy drinks 'coz I'll be having implants.